Glen Oak Dog and Cat Hospital is proud to be a local veterinary resource for the Village of Northfield. The village is located only a few miles north of our location. Northfield is home to many parks and is an ideal location for dogs to find ample outdoor space. We pride ourselves on being one of the Northshore’s premiere veterinary clinics. We are proud to offer not only traditional veterinary services, but also an extensive knowledge in Holistic Veterinary Care. Our program is founded on the principals of not only treating animal health issues, but working to prevent them from occurring in the first place.
We have been an AAHA accredited hospital for over thirty years. Our hospital and staff are highly regulated in order to achieve the most effective and up-to-date care for your animal.
We take pride in our work and strive to give the best care possible to your pet. Our veterinarians provide personal service, and utilize the latest in animal care treatments.
Our Glenview office features two waiting rooms; one just for cats and one for dogs. We also have two surgical suites and can perform multiple operations simultaneously. We also have an isolation kennel for patients with infectious or potentially infectious diseases.
Our pet hospital provides bilingual services in both English and Polish. Our doctors are all licensed by the state of Illinois, and are accredited by the United States Department of Agriculture, Animal Plant Health Inspection Service. Each doctor is certified to issue health certificates for animals to travel internationally.
The Village of Northfield’s location has a strong Native American history prior to the 1800’s when the first settlers arrived.John Happ of the Happ family became Northfield’s first Village President upon its incorporation in 1926. Originally the village was named Wau-Bun.
The Village’s name was changed from Wau-Bun to Northfield in 1929. To serve the growing community, a small Village Hall was built in 1936 at the intersection of Happ and Willow Roads, which remained in use for over 30 years. A larger Village Hall is now located on the same site.
From these rural beginnings, the Village attracted families who liked its small size and country atmosphere, which still exists today. The population surged from 320 residents in 1930 to 4,887 in 1980 and to 5,483 in 2013.